The Verde Valley Farmer’s Market is held every Saturday from 8:00am until 12:00pm in Camp Verde. May through October 3rd, 2020, shop for delicious fruits and vegetables, nuts, honey, flowers and more.
The Verde Valley Farmer’s Market can be found next to the Ft. Verde State Park off Main Street and Hollaman Street in Camp Verde.
Check out their website at http://www.localharvest.org/verde-valley-farmers-market-M31202
Here are the updated COVID-19 procedures for the Farmer’s Market found online:
Verde Valley Farmer’s Market 2020
As of May 1, 2020 and Subject to Change
The Verde Valley Farmer’s Market plans to open on Saturday May 16th at the Town Ramada on Hollamon Street. Because of our current COVID-19 situation in Arizona, we are making changes to protect the safety of our customers, our vendors and our community. The Market will be open from 8 am until 11am not until 12. We are not scheduling music, special events or introducing our “bagless checkout” program at this time and we are implementing the following precautions:
1. The Market will have only one entrance and exit that will be clearly marked. The entry will be staffed by an individual who will limit customers in the Market area to no more than 20 customers at a time. Customers will be asked to wait in an orderly line outside the Market at appropriate social distances.
2. Customer Precautions will be posted at the Market entrance.
3. Customers will be required to sanitize their hands/gloves with provided hand sanitizer before entering the Market.
4. Vendor tables will be separated by at least 6 feet.
5. The Market will have at least 2 hand wash stations with jugs, basins, soap, single-use paper towels, a trash bin, hand sanitizer and spray bleach for sanitizing.
6. No vendor sampling of food or sale/consumption of food will be allowed at the Market.
7. Pets, with the exception of service animals, will not be allowed.
8. There will be one designated person at the signed exit who can float and let the entrance person know when to allow more customers. They will also be required to remind customers within the Ramada about social distancing and lingering and be responsible for maintaining the hand wash stations.
We encourage everyone who is healthy to visit our farmers’ market in order to purchase local food from area farmers and ranchers. We ask that you follow these guidelines:
1. Customers who are not feeling well or are at an increased risk to COVID-19 should stay at home.
2. Customers are required to sanitize their hands and/or gloves when they enter the Market and are encouraged to do it frequently throughout the Market.
3. Customers are encouraged to wear face masks and gloves.
4. No more than 20 customers will be allowed in the Ramada at any one time.
5. Customers must not hug, shake hands or linger at the Market. The more quickly you shop, the more quickly other customers will be allowed into the Market.
6. The Market is busiest at opening time. To avoid overcrowding customers are encouraged to come to the Market later, come alone or in small groups and consider leaving small children at home. Pets, with the exception of service animals, will not be allowed.
7. Customers should keep at least 6’ away from vendors and other customers at all times, especially when waiting in lines.
8. There is a maximum of two customers at any one table at any one time. Customers should wait in a line until someone leaves. Observe safe distancing when lining up.
9. No hand to hand contact will be allowed. Customers will refrain from touching products. The customer will place their payment in a designated location. Consider having small bills to avoid the vendor having to make change.
10. As always, every precaution has been taken to provide clean, healthy products, but please wash your purchases before consuming.
We are putting these precautions into place because we want to be a safe, viable market alternative for you and your customers. Please help us by following these guidelines:
1. Vendors who are not feeling well or are at an increased risk to COVID-19 should stay at home.
2. Vendors are required to wear face coverings and gloves are optional. Vendors should wash and/or sanitize their hands frequently during the Market
3. Vendors will have a bottle of hand sanitizer at their table and should use it frequently.
4. Vendors will have a spray bottle of diluted bleach or alcohol to sanitize tables, scales, coolers etc. as needed.
5. Vendors should keep at least 6’ away from customers at all times.
6. There should be no more than 2 customers at a vendor table at any given time. Other customers should wait until someone leaves before they approach the table.
7. No hand to hand contact will be allowed. Customers will indicate which products they want to purchase without touching it. The purchase will be bagged and set on the table and the customer will place their payment in a designated location.
8. Vendors should consider pre-bagging and pre-weighing as many items as possible to simplify purchasing. Consider rounding prices to the even dollar to avoid making change.
Verde Valley Farmers’ Market
Board of Directors